Grilled Turkey & Garlic Lemon Arugula Salad
Prep time: Cook time:
- 2 pkgs (about 300 g each) Ontario turkey breast slices or tenders
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 container (5 oz/150 g) baby arugula
- 1 cup (250 mL) grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup (250 mL) croutons
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) anchovy paste or 1 anchovy, minced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
In a large bowl, whisk together mustard, oil, garlic and pepper. Add turkey and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
Place turkey on greased grill over medium high heat, turning once for about 12 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Remove to cutting board and slice thinly.
Place prosciutto on grill turning once for about 3 minutes or until crisp. Remove to plate.
Dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, lemon rind and juice, anchovy paste and garlic. Add arugula, tomatoes and croutons and toss to coat evenly. Divide among 6 plates and top with turkey and prosciutto.
Per serving: About 271 cal, 28 g pro, 13 g total fat (2 g sat fat), 10 g carb, 1 g fibre, 74 mg chol, 890 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 13%, calcium 8%, vit A 4%, vit C 19%