Wasabi Sesame Grilled Turkey
Prep time: Cook time: Makes: 6 Servings
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sodium reduced soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) wasabi powder or paste
- 1 boneless skinless Ontario turkey breast, about 1 1/2 lb/750 g
- 1 cup (250 mL) sticky rice
- 2 cups (500 mL) turkey or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp (5 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- Wasabi Sauce:
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) light mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) wasabi powder or paste
Wasabi Sauce: In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic and wasabi powder; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
In a large resealable bag, mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and wasabi powder. Add turkey, close bag and move around to coat evenly. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
Place turkey on greased grill over medium heat and grill, turning once for about 12 minutes or until no longer pink inside and thermometer reaches 170 F (77 C). Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring rice and broth to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and broth is absorbed. Stir in cilantro.
Divide rice among 6 plates and top with sliced turkey. Drizzle with wasabi sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
Tip: Place turkey on small baking sheet and roast in 400 F (200 C) oven for about 20 minutes or until no longer pink inside and thermometer reaches 170 F (77 C).
For big heat lovers, increase the wasabi to 1/2 tsp (2 mL) in the sauce before serving.
Per serving: About 310 cal, 31 g pro, 6 g total fat (1 g sat fat), 29 g carb, 1 g fibre, 79 mg chol, 611 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 13%, calcium 2%, vit A 0%, vit C 0%