Warm Turkey & Spinach Salad
Makes: 6 Servings
- 5 cups (1.25 L) baby spinach
- 1 cup (250 mL) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (454 g) skinless, boneless Ontario turkey breast, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dry mustard
Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, ginger and mustard; set aside.
On a large serving platter layer spinach, mushrooms, tomato and parsley; set aside.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and cook turkey for about 6 minutes, or until lightly browned and no longer pink inside. Stir in onions and cook for 1 minute. Arrange mixture over top of salad.
Return skillet to low heat and heat dressing until warm. Drizzle over salad to serve.
Per serving: About 166 cal, 11 g pro, 10 g total fat (1 g sat fat), 8 g carb, 2 g fibre, 23 mg chol, 60 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 11%, calcium 6%, vit A 23%, vit C 12%