Twice Baked Turkey Cheddar Potatoes
Makes: 6 Servings
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) red onions, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried rosemary
- 1 cup (250 mL) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) parsley, chopped
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked Ontario turkey, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cheddar cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
Scrub potatoes and prick several times with a fork. Rub potatoes with 2 tbsp oil, place on a baking sheet, and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 45-60 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack.
In a pan, heat the remaining 2 tbsp oil over medium heat. Sauté onions until transparent. Add garlic and rosemary and continue to cook for five minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Cut each potato in half lengthwise. With a spoon carefully scoop the pulp out leaving 1/4 inch of pulp on the inside of each half for stability.
In a large bowl, mash the pulp well; add the cream cheese, butter, milk, Parmesan, onion/garlic mix, parsley and turkey. Mix together well. Divide filling evenly between the halves and return to the baking sheet. Sprinkle each half with cheese and bake at 325°F (160°C) for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Serve with a side salad and you have a complete meal!