Turkey Tikka Skewers
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Makes: 4 servings
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoon light cooking oil
- 2 tablespoon tandoori masala
- 2 tablespoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon amchoor powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- 500 gms boneless turkey breast
- 1 medium-sized onion cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- lemon wedges for garnish
In a large bowl, mix the yogurt, oil, spices and salt to form a smooth marinade.
Add the meat and veggie pieces into the bowl and give it a gentle mix. Let this marinade for 15-30 minutes, or longer for 1-2 hours if possible. For best results, let the meat marinate in the fridge overnight for 6-8 hours.
When you’re ready to cook, heat a grill pan on medium-high heat. Gently skewer the meat alternating with the peppers and onions, and grill until lightly brown and cooked on all sides.
Alternately, you can also grill them on the BBQ or bake in a oven for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees till the meat is completely cooked through.
Garnish with fresh lemon wedges and serve immediately with some Green Chutney on the side.
Recipe courtesy of: Meena Agarwal (hookedonheat.com)