Turkey Skillet Lasagna
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
What you need:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pkg (450 g) Ontario ground turkey
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried oregano leaves
- 3/4 tsp (2 mL) salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) petite cut stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 3 cups (750 mL) baby spinach
- 4 fresh lasagna sheets, cut crosswise into 1-inch (2.5 cm) strips
- 1 cup (250 mL) ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) grated parmesan cheese
Make it Super:
In a large deep skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until softened. Add turkey, oregano 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the salt and hot pepper flakes, if using. Cook, stirring for about 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
Stir in tomatoes, water, and remaining salt; bring to a boil. Stir in spinach and pasta strips; cover and simmer gently for about 7 minutes or until pasta is tender.
In a bowl, stir together ricotta, egg, and parmesan cheeses. Uncover skillet and dollop ricotta mixture into skillet; cover and cook for 2 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.