Turkey Salad Lettuce Wraps
Prep time: 25 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
What you need:
- 3/4 lb (375 g) smoked turkey breast, cut into 1/4 inch (1cm) cubes
- 3/4 lb (375 g) cantaloupe, cut into cubes or balls
- 1 cup (250 mL) celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chutney, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 12 leaves lettuce, romaine, red leaf or boston/bibb
Make it Super:
In a large bowl, combine turkey, cantaloupe, celery and green onions.
In a small bowl, whisk chutney, oil, vinegar, sesame oil, mustard, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and garlic. Combine mixture with turkey/cantaloupe mixture.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. To serve, wrap salad in lettuce leaves.
Per serving: About 208 cal, 7 g total fat, 22 g carb, 4 g fibre, 16 g protein, 38 mg chol, 1061 mg sodium. %RDI: Iron 6%, calcium 7%, vit A 213%, vit C 85%