Prep time: Cook time:
What you need:
- 1 lb (454 g) ground Ontario turkey
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh thyme
- ½ cup (125 mL) milk or cream, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) onion, finely chopped
- 4 1/2 cups (130 g) cornflakes, crushed, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 oz (114 g) medium-hard cheese
- 12 6″ bamboo or metal skewers
Make it Super:
Pre-heat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
In a bowl, mix the Ground Turkey, thyme, 1/4 cup milk or cream, the onion and 2/3 cup cornflakes; season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide into 12 portions. Cut the cheese into 12 equal sticks and thread onto 12 skewers (if using bamboo soak 30 minutes).
Mold some meat around each cheese piece, shaping into ovals. Place the remaining milk into a bowl and the remaining cornflakes onto a plate. Dip each “lollipop” into the milk, then coat with the cornflakes. Place on a lightly greased sheet pan and bake in the pre-heated oven until cooked through, about 12-15 minutes. Serve with your favourite dipping sauce.