Turkey Pizza Triangles
Makes: 8 Servings
- 1 lb (500 g) ground Ontario turkey
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp (1/2 mL) pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) prepared pizza sauce
- 2 9 1/2 oz (2, 300 g) tubes refrigerated pastry squares
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
In a large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, sauté turkey and onion 4-5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in Italian seasoning, pepper and pizza sauce. Simmer 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
Unroll pastry, separating each tube into four squares. Place on greased 10″ x 15″ x 1″ jelly roll pan. Stretch pastry slightly to shape squares.
Place 1/3 cup filling on one corner of each square. Sprinkle 1 tbsp cheese over filling. Fold opposite corner of dough over filling and cheese to form a triangle; press edges with a fork to seal. Cut 3 – 1/2″ slits in top of each triangle to allow steam to escape.
Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove triangles from pan and cool on wire rack.