Makes: 6 servings
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked Ontario turkey, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ginger
- 2 cups (500 mL) turkey broth
- 2 cups (500 mL) instant rice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) currants
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh parsley, chopped
Sauté onions and celery in butter in large fry pan. Add turkey, apricots, ginger and turkey broth. Bring to a boil, stir in rice and currants. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Toss with parsley.
Nutrient analysis per serving: 320 calories; 6.2g fat; 25.9g protein; 39.8g carbohydrates.