Makes: 8 servings
What you need:
- 2 lb Ontario boneless skinless turkey breast
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) heavy or whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ground almonds, toasted
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 tsp (5 mL) dried
- 2 tsp (10 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sweet butter
Make it Super:
Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
In a food processor or meat grinder, grind turkey.
In a large bowl combine turkey, eggs, cream, breadcrumbs, almonds, onion, parsley, tarragon, salt, pepper, and nutmeg; mix thoroughly.
Spread turkey mixture in a buttered 9 x 5 inch (23 x 12 cm) loaf pan. Place pan in a larger pan and pour hot water into larger pan to a depth of 1 inch (2.5 cm).
Recipe courtesy of Joanna Sable (Sable and Rosenfeld).