Turkey in Bahama Steamed Sauce
Makes: 4 servings
What you need:
- 3 lbs boneless, skinless Ontario turkey breast, diced into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ cup red wine or cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp lemon-black pepper seasoning (optional)
- ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 bottle Island Gurl Foods Bahama Steam Sauce
- 1 cup tri-color bell peppers, diced and cooked
- 1 tbsp diced fresh Italian parsley, for garnish
Make it Super:
Add diced turkey to a medium bowl, add vinegar, season with salt and lemon-pepper. Toss to coat.
Heat a large skillet with oil over medium-high heat, add turkey and cook for about 4-5 minutes until juices run clear, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers at 165°F (74°C). Transfer to a plate.
Return the skillet to medium heat, add the sauce and heat for 5 minutes, add cooked vegetables (if vegetables are uncooked, let cook in sauce for 3-5 minutes until al dente), return the turkey to the skillet and spoon sauce over the meat. Remove from heat and serve at once over cooked rice.
Recipe courtesy of: Chef Raquel Fox (islandgurlfoods.com)