Turkey Fajita Wraps
Prep time: Cook time:
- 4 medium onions, slivered
- 2 small sweet peppers seeded, cut into julienne strips
- 1 lb (500 g) skinless, boneless Ontario turkey breast
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground coriander
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 10-oz (284 mL) can turkey or chicken stock
- 1 lime (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh coriander or Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 8 large flour tortillas, warmed
- to taste salsa, avocado, chopped, and sour cream
Prepare onions and peppers; set aside separately. Slice turkey into 1/3-inch (8mm) wide strips. Blend together cumin, coriander and chili powder; set aside.
In a large wide saucepan or deep frying pan, heat oil over high heat. Add onions and stir, gradually sprinkling with 2 tsp (10mL) of blended seasonings; stir until evenly coated. Add turkey broth. Cook uncovered over high heat for about 10 minutes stirring frequently, until onions are soft and broth is reduced to about 1/3 cup (75 mL). Using slotted spoon, remove onions to dish. Immediately add turkey and pepper strips to broth remaining in pan; sprinkle with remaining seasonings. Cook, stirring over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink and most of the liquid is reduced, about 2 minutes. Stir in onions just until hot. Squeeze lime juice over top (if using). Sprinkle with coriander.
Spoon turkey mixture onto center of warm tortillas. Top with salsa, chopped avocado and sour cream, if desired.