Teriyaki Turkey Burgers
Makes: 6 Servings
What you need:
- 1.5 lbs (750 g) ground Ontario turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) thick teriyaki sauce
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp (5 mL) wasabi paste
Make it Super:
In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, garlic, ginger, teriyaki sauce, green onions, sesame seeds, and bread crumbs. Shape into 6 burger patties. Broil or grill burgers 4-6 inches (10-15 cm) from broiler or over medium-high coals for 10-12 minutes, turning once.
Meanwhile, mix together mayonnaise and wasabi paste; spread on 6 lightly toasted burger buns. Place cooked turkey burgers in buns. Serve with sliced cucumber and watercress or arugula.