Tandoori-rubbed Turkey Breast with Napa Slaw
Prep time: Cook time: Makes: 4 Servings
What you need:
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain low fat yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 2 lbs (1 kg) skinless, bone-in Ontario turkey breast
- 1/2 napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 apple, coarsely grated
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cumin seeds
- Pinch coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh cilantro, chopped
Make it Super:
In bowl, stir together yogurt, curry paste, garlic, ginger, salt and fresh cracked pepper. Rub all over turkey and let marinate for at least one hour and up to one day.
In separate bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, apple, green onion, yogurt, vinegar, sugar, cumin seeds, salt, pepper and cilantro.
Roast turkey in a 400°F (200°C) oven to an internal temperature of 170°F (77°C). Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving with slaw.
Per serving: About 230 cal, 32 g pro, 2 g total fat (1 g sat fat), 20 g carb, 4 g fibre, 50 mg chol, 410 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 10%, calcium 15%, vit A 170%, vit C 70%