Sweet Ginger Turkey Kabobs
Prep time: Marinating time: Grill time: Makes: 6 servings
- 2 lbs (1 kg) skinless, boneless Ontario turkey breast
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raspberry jam (or Other jam/jelly)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ginger root, grated
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
Slice turkey breast into 1 1/2″ cubes. Combine remaining ingredients and pour into a large resealable bag. Mix turkey, remove air and seal. Refrigerate for at least 2 – 24 hours, turn bag occasionally to ensure marinade contacts all the meat.
Place turkey cubes onto skewers and grill 10-15 minutes over medium heat, turning occasionally. To prevent sticking, grease grill. Meat is done when juices run clear. Do not overcook!
Per serving: About 318 cal, 4 g total fat, 20 g carb, 0 g fibre, 49 g protein, 83 mg chol, 348 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 3%, calcium 2%, vit A 0%, vit C 4%