Spicy Sheet Pan Turkey and Broccoli
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) each soy sauce and seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- 1 boneless skinless Ontario turkey breast (about 1 lb/454 g)
- 1 head (bunch) fresh broccoli
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame seeds
In a shallow dish or bowl whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, hot pepper flakes and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each of the salt and pepper; remove 2 tbsp (30 mL) of marinade. Cut turkey crosswise into 4 equal pieces and add to dish; toss turkey to coat; set aside.
Cut broccoli top into 2 inch (5 cm) long florets and half lengthwise if too large. Peel stalk and cut into similar size pieces. Toss broccoli and red pepper with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the marinade, canola oil, sesame seeds and remaining salt and pepper. Spread onto half of a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place turkey pieces on remaining half of baking sheet.
Roast in 425 F (220 C) oven for 20 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink inside and broccoli is golden and tender-crisp.