Roasted Garlic and Herb Turkey Breast
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Makes: 6 to 8 servings
What you need:
- 2 bone-in skin on Ontario turkey breasts (about 1 lb/454 g each)
- 8 sprigs each fresh rosemary and thyme, divided
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) fresh ground pepper, divided
- 1 head garlic
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) turkey or vegetable broth
Make it Super:
Gently pull up skin on turkey breasts while keeping the skin intact. Tuck 4 rosemary and thyme sprigs under each skin. Rub each with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Separate garlic into individual cloves, trim root ends of cloves but do not peel. Place in bottom of roasting pan. Set rack over top. Pour in wine. Place turkey breasts on rack.
Roast in 400 F (200 C) oven for about 45 minutes or until golden brown and meat thermometer registers 170 F (77 C). Remove turkey to platter; cover loosely to keep warm.
Squeeze garlic from cloves into any pan drippings and mash until smooth. Stir in turkey broth and bring to a boil. Serve with turkey.