Mu Shu Turkey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 lb (454 g) ground Ontario turkey
- 1 cup (250 mL) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) bok-choy, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water chestnuts, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) napa cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Asian five spice powder
- 12 whole lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- *extra hoisin sauce for wrappers
In a large pan set at medium, heat oil. Add garlic and green onions and sauté for 3 minutes. Add turkey and cook until turkey is cooked fully and starting to brown. Add mushrooms and bok-choy, water chestnuts and red pepper. Continue to cook until vegetables are tender.
Add remaining ingredients (except lettuce), mixing until well combined and sauté until napa cabbage is wilted and mixture is heated through.
To serve, set out a platter of lettuce leaves and bowl of mu shu turkey and extra hoisin sauce. Let everyone spoon the mu shu turkey mixture and hoisin sauce into lettuce leaves and roll.