Mediterranean-Style Turkey Scaloppini
Prep time: Cook time: Makes: 4 servings
What you need:
- 2 cups (400 mL) fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) crumbled goat’s milk feta
- 4 Ontario turkey scaloppini cutlets (about 1 lb/ 454 g)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
Make it Super:
In bowl, combine tomatoes, olives, green onion, oil, salt, pepper, basil, mint and goat cheese. Set aside.
Coat turkey in flour, shaking off any excess. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook turkey, in two batches, until crisp and golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Keep in warm oven while cooking the second batch.
Divide turkey over 4 plates and top each with fresh salsa.
Per serving: About 300 cal, 30 g pro, 17 g total fat (3 g sat fat), 6 g carb, 1 g fibre, 55 mg chol, 800 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 10%, calcium 6%, vit A 20%, vit C 25%