Medallions of Turkey Breast with Apples and Prosecco
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 9 oz. (255 g) Ontario boneless turkey breasts, tenderloin removed, cut into 2 oz (60 g) medallions
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) unsalted butter
- ½ tbsp (7.5 mL) grapeseed oil, or olive oil
- 1 ½ cup (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (125 mL) Prosecco or medium dry white wine
- ¼ cup (60 mL) minced shallot or onion
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced garlic
- 1 large apple (of choice), cored and sliced thinly
- 1 cup (250 mL) turkey or chicken stock
- ½ cup (125 mL) 35% cream
- ¼ cup (60 mL) aromatic herbs, such as tarragon, dill, or parsley
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each salt and pepper, or to taste
With flat side of meat tenderizing mallet, gently pound medallions to a thickness of ¼ inch (.6 cm)
In a heavy, large non-stick frying pan, melt butter and add oil. Place on burner and set to medium high heat.
Dredge medallions in flour, shaking off excess flour, and brown in pan, both sides, until pink juice starts to form; remove from pan and set aside.
Deglaze pan with Prosecco and with wooden spoon loosen food that’s stuck to the pan bottom. Add shallots, garlic and sliced apples.
Simmer over low heat until reduced by half.
Add stock and continue to simmer until starting to thicken. Reduce heat to medium.
Return medallions to pan and add cream, bring to a soft boil, sprinkle in herbs, salt and pepper.