Lemon Pesto Asparagus and Turkey Shells
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 to 6 servings
What you need:
- 3 cups (750 mL) small shell pasta
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 boneless skinless Ontario turkey breast (about 1 lb/ 454 g), cubed
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped fresh asparagus
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) basil pesto
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Make it Super:
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for about 6 minutes or until al dente. Remove 1 cup (250 mL) of the cooking water and drain pasta; set aside.
In a large deep skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Brown turkey, salt and pepper for about 5 minutes. Add asparagus and lemon zest, sauté for 3 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta and pesto to coat. Stir in parmesan and enough of the pasta water to create a creamy sauce and cook for about 2 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink inside.