Kimchi Turkey Burgers
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 cups (500 mL) coleslaw mix
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each, salt and granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced and divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil, divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Sriracha sauce, divided
- 1 pkg (450 g) ground Ontario turkey
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) julienned cucumber
Spiced Yogurt Mayonnaise:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) each, light mayo and 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Sriracha sauce
- Pinch salt
Spiced Yogurt Mayonnaise: In a bowl, stir together mayonnaise, yogurt, Sriracha and salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Kimchi Mix: In a bowl, toss coleslaw mix with salt and sugar; let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in vinegar, 2 cloves of garlic and 1 tsp (5 mL) of sesame oil and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the Sriracha sauce; set aside.
Burgers: In a large bowl, combine turkey, breadcrumbs, cilantro with remaining 2 tsp (10 mL) of sesame oil, 1 clove of garlic and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the Sriracha. Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the kimchi mixture and mix well. Shape into 4 patties.
Pan fry or grill over medium heat, turning once, for about 12 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
Top each burger with remaining kimchi mixture, cucumbers and Spiced Yogurt Mayonnaise to serve.
Slider Option: Make 12 smaller bite-size burgers for an easy appetizer.
Tip: For a less spicy yogurt mayonnaise, reduce the Sriracha to 1 tsp (5 mL).