Honey Dijon Turkey Pasta
Makes: 6 Servings
- 1 lb (500 g) Ontario turkey breast strips
- 4 tbsp (50 mL) honey mustard, divided
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 leeks, whites only, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) snow peas
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each, salt and pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) cooked pasta (penne, rotini, rigatoni)
Place turkey breast strips in medium sized bowl. Add 2 Tbsp of honey mustard; mix to coat turkey.
Heat oil in large non-stick skillet. Add turkey and leeks; cook 3-4 minutes on medium-high or until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in snow peas. Place turkey mixture in a bowl; set aside.
Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add flour; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add milk, bring to a boil, reduce heat; simmer, stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Stir in remaining 2 tbsp of honey mustard, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Remove from heat; add turkey mixture and stir to combine. Add hot cooked pasta and toss.
Makes 6 servings.