Grilled Scaloppini Sandwich with Pickled Vegetables
Prep time: Cook time:
What you need:
- 4 Ontario turkey scaloppini (about 12 oz/375 g total)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each dried oregano and basil leaves
- Pinch each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 small whole wheat sub buns, halved
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
Pickled Vegetable Mayo:
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped drained pickled mixed vegetables (mild or hot)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
Make it Super:
Pickled Vegetable Mayo: In a bowl, stir together vegetables, yogurt, mayonnaise, parsley, garlic and pepper until combined; set aside.
In a bowl, toss scaloppini with oil, oregano and pepper. Place on greased grill over medium high heat turning once for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
Place on buns and top with pickled vegetable mayo, lettuce and tomato.
Skillet Option: You can cook the scaloppini in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat for about 8 minutes, turning once.
Per serving: About 373 cal, 31 g pro, 9 g total fat (2 g sat fat), 41 g carb, 5 g fibre, 58 mg chol, 868 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 21%, calcium 8%, vit A 2%, vit C 10%