Ginger Turkey Stir Fry
Makes: 6 Servings
What you need:
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced fresh ginger root OR 1/2 tsp (2mL) ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) water or turkey stock
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) honey
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) cornstarch
- 2 cups (500 mL) Ontario turkey breast cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil, divided
- 2 cups (500 mL) carrots, sliced diagonally
- 2 cups (500 mL) broccoli florets
- 2 cups (500 mL) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can 8 oz. water chestnuts (optional)
Make it Super:
Combine ginger root, garlic, soy sauce, water, lemon juice, honey and cornstarch. Whisk to dissolve cornstarch in mixture.
Coat turkey in mixture, set aside.
Heat half the oil in wok or large skillet. Add carrots, add broccoli, mushrooms and water chestnuts; stir-fry 3-4 minutes. Remove vegetables from wok, set aside.
Heat remaining oil in wok and cook turkey, reserving sauce for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
Add vegetables, reserved sauce and stir constantly until sauce has thickened and vegetables are tender crisp.
Serve over long grain rice or cracked wheat bulgur.