Florentine Turkey Burgers
Prep time: Cook time: Grill time: Makes: 4 Servings
- 1 lb (500 g) ground Ontario turkey
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bread crumbs
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 red pepper
- 4 Kaiser buns cut in half
In a bowl, mix all ingredients, except mozzarella cheese and red pepper. Form 4 patties. Fry in a pan on each side then cook in the oven at 350°F (180°C), 5 minutes.
On the barbecue, grill on medium high for 6-8 minutes on each side, 6 inches from the heat. Put mozzarella cheese and red pepper on top of patties. Cook 2 minutes more.
Brown kaiser buns in oven (or barbecue) and serve with patties.
Per serving: About 514 cal, 18 g total fat, 50 g carb, 3 g fibre, 40 g protein, 101 mg chol, 557 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 26%, calcium 22%, vit A 31%, vit C 53%