Curried Turkey & Apple Pita
What you need:
- 1/2 lb (227 g) cooked Ontario turkey, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 medium green onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) curry powder, or to taste
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) apple sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 leaves, Boston lettuce or your choice
- 2 pita pockets, each cut in half
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced almonds, toasted
Make it Super:
In a medium bowl add the turkey, green onion, lemon juice, curry powder, apple, yogurt, apple sauce and gently fold together. Adjust seasoning.
In each of the pita halves place a leaf of lettuce. Divide the turkey mixture in four and fill each pita half. Sprinkle with toasted almonds. Serve and enjoy.