Cranberry Turkey Kabobs
Prep time: 25 minutes
Grill time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 lb (454 g) mini red potatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, melted
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) each salt and fresh ground pepper, divided
- 1 boneless, skinless Ontario turkey breast, cubed (about 1 lb/454 g)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh sage
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup (75 mL) cranberry sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook potatoes for 10 minutes or until tender but still firm.
Drain and toss with butter and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
In a bowl, toss together turkey, oil, sage, thyme, and remaining salt and pepper; let stand for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, stir together cranberry sauce, vinegar, and parsley; set aside.
Alternately skewer potato and turkey onto soaked wooden or metal skewers. Place on greased
grill over medium heat and grill, turning occasionally for 12 to 15 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink inside.
Brush kabobs liberally with cranberry glaze and serve with any remaining glaze.
Tip: If using wooden/bamboo skewers be sure to soak them for at least 20 minutes in water to prevent flare ups.
Per 6 servings: About 258 cal, 10 g total fat, 22 g carb, 2 g fibre, 20 g protein, 54 mg chol, 360 mg sodium, iron 1 mg, calcium 22 mg, vit A 38 RAE, vit C 8 mg