Chili Lime Turkey with Salsa
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 lb (454 g) Ontario turkey scallopini
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh lime wedges
Tomato Cilantro Salsa:
- 1 cup (250 mL) seeded and diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) minced red onion
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) seeded and minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
Tomato Cilantro Salsa: In a bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, pepper and salt; set aside.
Place turkey scallopini onto a plate and drizzle both sides with lime juice.
In a resealable plastic bag, combine chili powder, oregano and pepper. Add turkey, seal bag and toss to coat well.
Place scallopini onto greased grill over medium high heat and grill for about 8 minutes, turning once or until no longer pink inside.
Serve with salsa and top with lime wedges.