Blackened Turkey Scaloppine Sandwiches
Prep time: Cook time: Makes: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter, melted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each chili powder and paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each dried thyme leaves and cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each onion powder and cayenne
- 12 oz (375 g) Ontario turkey scaloppine or turkey breast slices
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced canned chipotle pepper or adobo sauce
- 4 small buns, halved
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded lettuce
In a large bowl, combine butter, oil, garlic, chili powder, paprika, thyme, cumin, salt, onion powder and cayenne. Add turkey scaloppine and toss to coat evenly.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat and add scallopine and cook, turning once for about 4 minutes per side or until deep golden brown.
In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and chipotle. Spread buns with mayo and top with lettuce. Divide scaloppine into buns and serve.
Tip: Want to kick up the heat in this sandwich you can increase the cayenne to 1/2 tsp (2 mL).
These scaloppine are also delicious served on their own with rice and vegetables.
If there are leftovers be sure to enjoy the scaloppine cold in a sandwich the next day for lunch.