Belly Button (Tortellini) Turkey Soup
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast (about 1 lb/500 g)
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups (1.5 L) turkey or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 pkg (350 g) cheese tortellini
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% whipping cream or turkey or vegetable broth
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley or basil
Place turkey breast in slow cooker. Top with celery, carrots, garlic, onion, and bay leaves.
Whisk together broth, Italian seasoning, and salt. Pour into slow cooker and cover. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours. Remove lid and using two forks shred turkey meat in soup and stir in tortellini and cream. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until tortellini tender.
Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with cheese and parsley to serve.