Asian Turkey Stroganoff
Makes: 6 servings
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) red peppers, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs (750 g) Ontario turkey breast strips
- 1 cup (250 mL) turkey or chicken broth, divided
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) corn starch
- 1 cup (250 mL) light sour cream
In a large skillet heat oil; add onion, mushrooms, red peppers, and garlic; cook over medium-high heat 3-4 minutes or until onions are tender; remove from pan and set aside. Add turkey to pan; cook 4 minutes; stir in cooked onion, mushrooms, peppers and garlic. Add 3/4 cup of broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and chili garlic sauce, stir to combine; cook 5 minutes.
In small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup broth and cornstarch; stir into turkey mixture; heat to boiling; cook, stirring 1 1/2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
Serve over rice or egg noodles.